Machinery and Equipment
In almost a half century of business, Praxi Valuations and Appraisals has conducted thousands of appraisals, developing a preeminently significant experience that makes us one of the most reputable and highly regarded players on the market. With a portfolio of over one thousand Clients, our assets have been valued at more than € 10 billion during the last three years.
Our Clients include Naples, Turin, and Venice airports, the Arena of Verona, Brembo, Carraro, Enel, ENI, Ferrero International, Italian State Railways, Guala, Henkel, Indesit (Merloni Electric Appliances), Italdesign-Giugiaro, Lavazza Coffee, Marcegaglia Group, the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Riello, Versace and Zucchi.
The services offered, often developed for international companies and well-organised and complex corporate structures, comprise:ASSETS VALUATION
- Corporate assests valuation for spin-offs, mergers, incorporations, acquisitions, disposals, collateral, arbitration
- Intangibles valuation: trademarks, patents, know-how, goodwill etc.
- Preliminary valuation of corporate assets (new-for-old value and current value) for insurance cover (to safeguard corporate assets), eliminating the effects of the proportional rule (direct damage)
- Preliminary valuation to cover risks of business interruption in order to safeguard the contribution/gross profit margin (indirect damage)
- Assistance in preparing the proof-of-damage report for the company in the case of accidents/damage.
Analysis of corporate management assets:
- - determination of fair value (IAS/IFRS)
- - determination of useful and residual technical/financial life of assets
- - allocation of merger deficit
- - revaluation of corporate assets in pursuance of special laws
- - physically identifying and coding assets
- - inventory reconciliation (physical and accounting).
Due Diligence and Valuations in the Energy Sector
Praxi Valuations and Appraisals boasts sound experience in supplying consulting services to shareholders and stakeholders in the conventional and renewable energy sectors: investors, credit institutions, leasing companies, investment funds and Nomad.
Our analyses and consultancy have involved over 500 energy power plants, with more than 1,000 MW of installed power and over €2 billion of investments.
The energy sectors where we have provided services are:
- solar (thermal and photovoltaic)
- bioenergy - biogas, biomass
- electricity and natural gas markets.
Our services in this area comprise:
- Standard Analysis and Technical Due Diligence relative to the following aspects: preliminary, final and executive project, authorisation procedure, connection procedure, incentive regime, EPC contract, implementation costs and times with independent fairness valuation, insurance cover during construction phase and in operation, O&M contracts and management costs.
- Analysis of economic-financial sustainability of Business Plans, expected revenue analysis, cost analysis, taxation, Business Plan development, drafting of economic-financial indeces specific to the operation (ADSCR, ALLCR, VAN, TIR, payback period), sensitivity analyses taking into account basic scenarios – best and worst.
- On-Site Inspections: assessment of state of work in progress, completion and final inspection, verification and monitoring with respect to both costs and times, and review of O&M procedures and monitoring.
- Monitoring of Project Financeduring the financing stage, with analyses of any deviation from the technical parameters and economic-financial indeces.
- Valuation of energy plants, any properties (tangible assets) involved in the contracts, rights and options (intangible assets), company valuation, as well as sale/purchase – M&A.
Praxi Valuations and Appraisals assists manufacturers, services companies and public bodies/authorities in order to optimise the registration and management of tangible assets through physical inventories, analyses and accounting records.
This service is particularly important for the review/implementation of analytical accounting systems (introduction and updating of the cost centres plan, allocation of assets and relative depreciation/amortisation, and “clean up” of obsolete accounting records) as well as extraordinary company transactions (acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs), which require the allocation on the assets of the acquisition prices or merger deficits.
Physical inventory activities may be assisted, where appropriate, by the physical labelling of assets while reconciliation of accounting records requires close collaboration and interaction with the pertinent company departments in order to obtain the broadest possible and most inclusive picture of company assets, from both a technical/operational and an accounting/administrative perspective.
Generally, our service comprises the drawing-up or reviewing of the procedures for keeping the fixed asset register (acquisition of new assets, transfer or changes to existing assets, divestments) in order to extend over time the effectiveness and usefulness of the initial intervention.
Praxi Valuations and Appraisals helps clients make strategic and business development decisions on extraordinary operations such as the planning of new industrial sites, delocalisation/relocation of existing activities, renewal of production cycles and processes, and launching new product lines etc.
Focusing on the aspects directly concerning tangible and intangible assets, PRAXI offers specific services to:
- assist management on strategic investment choices
- analyse current and potential earnings capacity of investments
- carry ouy in-depth technical and economic analyses of investments on industrial systems
- verify advantages of make-or-buy alternatives
- establish potential realisable values of assets in divestment prosects.